Sunday, March 29, 2015

Vera's Spring Break: Day 2

Hey again! Day 2 of our journey brought us in to the city of New Orleans! I got a few good pictures today, of the city and Duchess (my traveling companion) so let's get started! 

This morning, I had THE BEST cinnamon roll in the world at a little bakery/coffee shop in Mobile, Cream and Sugar. 


Jealous? ;)

We then drove a little distance, and came to the beautiful city of New Orleans! When we got there, we road the streetcar to the French Quarter. I didn't take many pictures, but this one's too funny not to share:


Yes, that is a live cat sleeping in the front window of an art gallery. :D

About this time, there were some great photo operatunities, so I took advantage of them.



For lunch/dinner, we ate at an amazing Italian/pizza place.


It was so good, Duchess stole a few bites. ;)

In the lobbey of the hotel where the restaurant was, I took a few more pictures of Duchess, and experimented with some different filters.




The flowers were really pretty. :)

Later in the evening, we walked around the area near our hotel. We came across this huge mansion with lighting equipment on the porch;


A Google search later revealed that this is the shooting place for the next season of American Horror Story. I don't watch (and probably never will!), but it was a really cool house. ;)

When we came back to the hotel, we hung out in the little outside courtyard for a few minutes, so I took some more pictures of Duchess.




That's all for now! I hope you enjoyed this travel log, and I'll see all of you tomorrow for the next update of our continuing journey.

Love,
Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment