Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Vera's Spring Break: Days 3 and 4

Hi everyone! Because this is my vacation, I didn't document much yesterday, so today's post is a combination of two days. This might be a slight picture heavy post, so beware! ;)

Day 3's breakfast has been the best so far. We went to this amazing coffee shop, District, where they make HUGE, delicious donuts. 

Not even Duchess Swan can resist chocolate! :D


The rest of the day was spent wandering around shops and the French Quarter, so I didn't take too many pictures. I did take a few of Duchess in a hat shop.



That was all for day 3! I told you I didn't document much. ;)

Today we went to the WWII Museum, which was a somber yet wonderful museum. I took a few photos of some of the planes in the newest building. 






I also took a picture of a woman's army uniform. We thought it looked just like Agent Carter's! (Love that show! You need to watch it. Come back and fangirl with me later. ;P)


If you do go to the museum, be sure not to miss The Road to Berlin. It is probably one of the best historical museum exhibits in the world. Here, have a snowy car, because almost everything else in the exhibit was digital. :P


For lunch, we ate at the most amazing sandwich shop, Cochon Butcher. I don't have a picture of my sandwich, so have a picture of my amazing triple (!!!!!) chocolate cookie.


Later in the day, we went to Audobon Park, which had a playground on site. While my little sister ran around and played, Duchess felt like being adventurous. ;)






Sorry for the glare on her face. :P

This graffiti on the slide was too hillarious not to post.


It reads, "hotel, made of blocks of salt, is where I sleep, when I dream about flamingos". Yep. Interpret that however you want. ;)

After our day of adventure, we went to an amazing Mexican restaurant, Juan's Flying Burrito. I made an attempt at drawing the said "flying burrito" logo, and Duchess posed beside it.


The red thing on the side is supposed to be a literal flying burrito by the way. :)

That about wraps it up for today and yesterday! Tommorow's our last full day in New Orleans, and expect PLENTY of pictures from Mardi Gras World. I'll see you all then!

Love,
Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment