Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Thoughts on GOTY 2015 Grace Thomas

Dear Readers,

As you all probably know, the new girl of the year is a young girl named Grace Thomas. She is an aspiring baker that loves French culture. She has dark brown hair, light skin, freckles, and blue eyes.
I am going to be frank; I do not like the new girl of the year. It is just about the doll, it is also is because American Girl has yet to produce an ethnically diverse or disabled doll. This makes Grace a disappointment in my eyes. 

As well as that, Grace has the same face mold as McKenna and the same freckles and eyes as Saige. I also believe she has a bland story that is not as exciting as other dolls like Lanie or, heck, even SAIGE had a better story than her! And thats saying a lot.

Although, I do love some of the Paris couture that Grace has brought to the table.
Her city outfit goes well with her dark hair, and I love the white collar with the sweater. But, her shoes are similar to that of which American Girl has already created.
Grace's baking outfit is also cute. The blue cupcake shirt is a nice touch of color with the black apron and pink leggings. Again though, her shoes are very similar to flats that AG has already created.
This promo picture shows Grace's pajamas. The colors are cute and her hair looks super cute, but the pj's themselves are simple and boring. Also, SHE HAS THE SAME DANG RIBBONS ON HER SHOES!
Ok, confession time... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS OUFIT! I think it looks really cute! Even at an outrageous $28 retail price, I would seriously consider buying this or sewing one myself!

All in all I don't think I will be purchasing a Grace Thomas doll this year. Her story is stupid, and I am outraged at the AG company for ignoring buyers pleas for an ethnically diverse or disabled GOTY. I may buy some of her accessories or outfits, but that is for future Valerie to decide!

Love,
Valerie 

No comments:

Post a Comment